The best waterproof foundation should leave your face feeling cool even on the hottest of days. Ideally, you should go for foundation that is lightweight in texture and finish and doesn’t feel heavy when applied. It should be easy to apply and blend to the skin to leave you with the desired flawless look.
You need waterproof foundation if you live in humid areas, swim a lot or sweat a lot. This way, once applied, the foundation does stay for long without running or becoming sticky.
This guide will help you find the most appropriate foundation for your skin type.
Top 10 Waterproof Foundations Comparison Table
When searching for the best waterproof foundation, there are few things you need to know. You need to decide whether or not to go for liquid, cream or powder foundation. You also need to decide if you should go for foundation that suits a specific purpose or general one.
- Different Types of Foundation. There are basically three different types of foundation; liquid, cream and powder.
- Liquid Foundation. Tends to blend well on the skin, keeps skin moist and looking fresh and is the easiest to apply. It is also suitable for most skin types. The downside is that you may need additional concealer with the foundation.
- Cream Foundation. Provides heavier coverage thanks to the thick mixture it comes with. The heavier coverage means that more blemishes will be concealed. This type of foundation is great for dry to normal skin thanks to the extensive moisturizing components it boasts of. On the flip-side, the moisturizing components don’t make it ideal for oily skin.
- Powder Foundation. Is great for people with oily skin as well as those looking for a more natural look from their foundation.
- What Is the Purpose of the Foundation? There are foundations that cater to the general needs of a woman and there are those that are geared at specific needs. Understanding your skin and its needs should help you arrive at the best decision.
- If you are looking to improve your skin tone then you should opt for lightweight foundations. Liquid or powder foundations should do just fine depending on your skin type.
- If you wish to protect your skin then you should look for foundations that don’t come with undesirable substances such as parabens and synthetic fragrances. As for SPF, look out for at least SPF 12 which will help protect your skin against the harsh sun rays.
- If you wish to have healthy skin then you should go for foundations that contain moisturizing ingredients which will help prevent your skin from drying out. Look out for ingredients such as plant-based hyaluronic acid and amino acids that will help smooth out the skin while keeping it moisturized.
Top 3 Best Waterproof Foundation Reviews
With this fabulous whipped mousse texture, the Maybelline New York Dream Matte Mousse foundation is a great foundation for the woman who wants a weightless foundation that leaves her with a wonderful air soft feel. This foundation gives off a perfect matte coverage that lasts all day. It is great for any skin type and will leave you with beautiful radiant, flawless skin.
Maybelline Ney York Dream Matte Mousse foundation offers a 100% velvet-matte complexion that you will enjoy for the entire day.
This is the best sweat proof foundation for a wonderful natural look in an even toned result. It is not too thick and comes with beautiful color tones. You get to enjoy a lovely airbrush look with a foundation that is easy to apply.
L’Oreal Paris True Match is the ultimate foundation for the woman looking for a light to medium coverage that beautifully matches her skin tone. This foundation is formulated for all skin types and is enriched with Vitamins A and C, grape fruit extract as well as wheat germs to help nourish your skin thus leaving it protected and healthy.
It does contain SPF17 in select shades and comes with no fragrances, oils or pore-clogging fillers. This means that you get to enjoy a beautiful, flawless skin that remains radiant for long.
As a tip, if you want to enjoy a longer-lasting look then you will have to dust some translucent powder on top of the foundation. Not only is this one of the most affordable foundations on the market but it also comes in a number of different shades that are distinguished by cool, warm or neutral.
It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin when applied and leaves you with smooth-feeling skin.
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous will help you enjoy a wonderful smooth, even coverage that lasts you all day. This is thanks to the concealer and primer that are built into the foundation. You don’t have to use a base or top coat with this foundation simply because its 3-in-1 formula combines a smooth finish, a water-resistant glossy sine and a beautiful even color. In essence, you get base, color and top coat all in one affordably priced product.
In order to enjoy a wonderful matte coverage, you should either use light moisturizer first or apply the foundation quickly as it tends to set in just a matter of seconds. It does last all day leaving you without having to touchup all the time.
This foundation is very light and does feel comfortable when applied on the skin. It doesn’t leave you with a heavy, greasy feeling once applied. It is easy to blend and does a wonderful job of covering imperfections.