When looking for the best full coverage drugstore foundation, you should seriously take time in finding the right product for YOU. This way, you get to enjoy beautiful coverage every time you apply the foundation without worrying about breakouts or caking. There are a number of drugstore foundations on the market and finding the right one may not be as easy as you may wish. This is why you will find this guide useful.
You need to decide if your skin will work well with liquid foundation, powder or cream foundation or if you will be better off with cream-to-powder compact foundation. In addition, you need to decide if you need sheer, medium or full coverage from your chosen foundation.
Top 10 Full Coverage Drugstore Foundations Chart
Foundation Types for Different Skin Types
- If you have oily skin then you should go for powder foundation as it helps soak up the shine and oil from your face. The right powder foundation will leave you with a beautiful matte finish/ complexion.
- If you have dry skin, you should consider hydrating liquid foundation. This is because your skin needs as much hydration as possible to retain a beautiful healthy look.
- In order to match your chosen foundation to your skin type, you can hold the foundation up against your neck or the back of our hand while standing in natural light.
Ensure That It Comes with Sunscreen
No matter the foundation you choose, it is important to ensure that it does come with sunscreen to help protect you against the sun’s rays. The sun can cause serious damage to the skin thus making it look older than it should.
Different Formulations on the Market
There are different foundation formulations on the market including:
- Liquid foundation comes in a bottle or tube and is very blendable in nature. There are different varieties to suit different skin types.
- Powder foundation which is either loose or pressed is generally great for oily skin.
- Tinted moisturizer which is perfect for those who don’t wish to give off the look of wearing makeup. It comes with only a hint of coverage.
- BB Cream which is quite similar to tinted moisturizer normally comes with good skincare benefits.
- Cream foundation which normally comes in a little jar is thicker in consistency and provides medium to full coverage.
- Stick foundation which is normally applied directly onto the skin comes in a big wind-up tube and normally provides full coverage.
- Whipped/ Mousse Foundation which comes in a small pot and provides sheer to medium coverage. When applied, it tends to feel really light on the skin.
- Mineral foundation which is in powder form and beautifully blends onto the skin provides sheer to full coverage.
3 Best Full Coverage Drugstore Foundation Reviews
If you are looking for a beautiful flawless look from your drugstore foundation then you should consider buying Revlon ColorStay Makeup. This oil-free foundation helps control excess oil and feels natural when applied. It features SoftFlex technology which will not rub off with normal wear- great for that beautiful long-lasting look (up to 16 hours!).
It does have good pigmentation, blends well and provides medium-full coverage. This particular product is for combination/ Oily skin although there is another for normal/ dry skin. You get a soft matte finish when applied which lasts the entire day. This foundation is easy to apply and comes in a number of different shades (20 luxurious shades to choose from). It is also fragrance free which makes it handy to use on sensitive skin.
You should not go for this foundation if you are not good at thoroughly cleansing at the end of the day.
Neutrogena SkinClearing Liquid Makeup does give off a natural look while at the same time controlling shine. It is formulated with MicroClear technology which not only helps treat blemishes, but also helps prevent breakouts. It is great for people with combination/ oily skin.
This foundation is easy to apply and goes on smoothly while leaving you with a breathable feel. It is lightweight, has good pigmentation and blends well when applied. It is creamy without being greasy and is best applied with a sponge. When applied right, you will enjoy a wonderful soft matte finish that many an oily-skinned person craves.
Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation is a wonderful liquid mousse that flawlessly blends on your skin to give it a gorgeous natural look. It gives off a beautiful matte finish. This foundation does help minimize the appearance of pores and it comes with a lightweight texture that doesn’t feel heavy or greasy. It does also provide all day shine control.
Rimmel London Stay is perfect for dry to normal skin. It comes in 11 beautiful shades and has an SPF of 18.It does give off a beautiful dewy finish.
On the downside though, this foundation may not last as long as most people wish and it is not so great when applied on combination or oily skin. It is not also ideal for anyone that has plenty of yellow tones.