Oily skin can get really messy. If not well handled and managed oily skin can be such as nuisance. It can prevent you from looking pretty and feeling as well.
This may affect your confidence and prevent you from feeling your best. It might have a detrimental effect on your career and personal life as well.
In this article I tackle the issue of oily skin and help you find the best foundation that you can use for such skin.
The market is loaded with products claiming to offer the best foundation formula for oily skin but is that really the case?
We searched the market extensively and came up with this comprehensive guide of what can be considered the best foundation for oily skin.
In coming up with this list we considered the opinion of beauty experts and consultants as well as the customer reviews of previous users of these products.
Consider This When Buying Foundation for Oily Skin
- Chemical Composition of the Foundation Formula. The skin is one sensitive organ. It reacts differently when different substances are applied on it.
This means that you should be careful when it comes to the products that you apply on your skin. Check the product description and ingredient composition of any foundation formula that you are about to buy.
Make sure it does not contain any compounds that may harm your skin in any way. This includes any products that you are allergic to as well as those that trigger sensitive reactions on your skin.
Some of this reaction can get really fatal and if you are in a position to prevent them kindly do so.
- Customer Reviews and Comments. When buying products from an online store you will be wise to check the reviews and comments section before you make any purchase.
Here you will get honest and unbiased opinion from previous users of the product. This will help you in your selection and subsequent purchase of foundation for oily skin.
Top 10 Foundations for Oily Skin Comparison
How to Take Care of Oily Skin
Oily skin is an occurrence that affects many people. It can result from among other things such as genetics and the environment one lives in.
Strenuous activities are also known to cause oily secretions on your skin. How you manage oily skin is therefore really important so as to avoid the embarrassment that oily skin causes.
The following are measures that you can implement to help in the management of oily skin.
- Find Yourself a Great Cleanser. A great cleanser goes a long way in helping you with oily skin. Skin cleansers can be oil-based and water based. Both have their benefits and downsides.
Water based cleansers have a tendency to leave your skin dry and this can leave your skin flaky and uncomfortable.
Oil based cleansers are better in this regard as they do not dry up your skin.
Avoid the cleansers that have alcohol in them as they may not be gentle enough for your skin. Alcohol based cleansers remove more oil than is required and this leaves your skin flaky.
- Clean Your Face Properly. Wash your face properly with soap and water before you apply any foundation and makeup on it.
Use warm water but make sure it is not too hot as it may burn your skin cells.
- Hydrate Your Face Properly. In an effort to remove excess oils your skin may get really dehydrated. One way to hydrate your skin is by applying a clay mask from time to time.
For your daily hydration purposes, use a moisturizer. Pick one that contains hyaluronic acid as opposed to one the contain ceramides as it may lead to the emergence pimples and other blemishes.
- Consult a Dermatologist Early Enough. For those with oily skin, a visit to the dermatologist will do you a world of good. They will examine your skin and suggest treatment and cosmetic formulas that will help you manage you oily skin condition.
- Use the Right Makeup. Oily skin is very sensitive and failure to use to right makeup on such skin can have detrimental effects.
Avoid make up the may clog your pores and prevent your skin from breathing. Also avoid make up that feel heavy when you wear them.
The Different Types of Foundation Formulas for Oily Skin
Foundation formulas for oily skin come in different types all of which can be used effectively for oily skin types.
They include liquid foundation formulas, cream foundation, powdered mineral foundation and makeup stick foundation. The powdered foundation formula is also available in pressed powder form.
- Liquid Foundation. Liquid foundations usually flow easily. To apply such foundation, you place a few drops on your fingers and rub gently in tiny circles on your skin.
They come in different forms and styles from oil-free ones to long wearing and moisturized ones. The best for oily skins are the oil-free ones as the absorb any excess oils that your skin produces giving you a clean matte finish that you so much desire.
The best liquid foundation should be light in weight and easy to apply and blend easily on your skin.
- Powder Foundation. Powder foundation usually come in a loose powder format that require a powder brush for application.
Powder foundation are great for oily skins as the help to absorb excess oils on your skin. The best of powder foundations are those the build up to full coverage this way you are able to maintain grease-free skin for the rest of the day.
- Pressed Powder Foundation. Pressed powder foundation are in a compact manner just like other pressed powder makeup. They give the best coverage of all the foundation types and have a long staying effect.
The best are those that have a nice silk feel and blend easily on your skin. They work excellently to absorb excess oil secretions on your skin.
- Cream Foundation. Cream foundation have an almost greasy appearance but the best of them usually disappear after you rub them gently on your skin.
They leave you with a slightly matte finish and this makes them effective in handling oily skin types.
The coverage offered by cream foundation ranges from sheer coverage to full coverage depending on the type of cream foundation used and how much cream you apply.
- Skin Foundation. Stick foundation are usually cream-to-powder foundation that are in stick form. Because of their relatively small size and packaging, stick foundations are the best foundation type for travel.
This way you are able to apply makeup on your oily skin even when you away from your wardrobe and makeup kit.
Top 5 Best Foundation for Oily Skin Reviews
No stick foundation is as effective for oily skin as Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick – #5 Honey – 9g/0.31oz.
This awesome stick foundation is easy to apply and it blends easily and effortlessly every time you apply it on your skin.
When it comes to convenience nothing beats it as well as it comes in a portable package that you can effectively carry in your purse as you travel.
It is made of active ingredients that absorb excess oils on your skin for a smooth and grease-free look even on hot conditions and environments.
Its coverage builds up to full coverage. It has a long staying power and this way you get to achieve smooth and flawless skin for the rest of the day.
It has been tested by the relevant drug bodies and found effective as a foundation formula for oily ski types.
It retails at a relatively low price when compared to other similar oily skin foundation formulas and this makes it a great investment.
It is high time you ditched all those ineffective foundation formulas for oily skin and settle for the best which in this case is Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick – #5 Honey – 9g/0.31oz.
I would classify bareMinerals Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Matte Foundation, Medium Beige, 0.21 Ounce as one of the best foundation for oily skin.
The reason for this lies in its impressive ability to absorb excess oil secretion on your skin. This leaves your skin look good and feeling good as well.
It is loaded with active mineral ions that replenish and rejuvenates dying cells on your skin. It also contains antioxidants in the form of vitamins A and E that fight free radicals and organisms on your skin.
Applying this mineral foundation on a regular basis gives you a shine free coverage that last up to 24 hours. This way you remain protected for the rest of the day.
And before I forget it does not clog your pores one inch. This way your skin is able to breathe and remain hydrated.
The products that make up this foundation have been test and found to contain no harmful additives that can harm your skin.
Its impressive mineral composition, it added health benefits and final output make bareMinerals Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Matte Foundation, Medium Beige, 0.21 Ounce the best matte foundation in the market.
Try it today for the best care for oily skin.
When it comes to foundation for oily skin nothing beats Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Golden Beige, 1 Ounce.
It has an impressive chemical composition that absorb any oils secreted on your skin.
This foundation gives a medium to full coverage for the best matte finish possible.
It is light in weight and last long thereby giving you a cool and glowing look for the rest of the day.
If you are looking for the best foundation for oily skin you should probably try Revlon ColorStay Makeup, Combination/Oily Skin, Golden Beige, 1 Ounce.
This is one of the best and most sought after foundation by those with oily skin. The reason for this lies in is functionality as well as effectiveness.
It is light in weight and feels like you have nothing on your face.
It is effective in absorbing excess oils on your skin and this gives you a cool matte look.
Try Maybelline New York Fit Me Matte Plus Poreless Foundation Makeup, Ivory, 1 Fluid Ounce today and witness the magic of foundation formulas.
When it comes to foundation formulas for oily skin L’Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation, Nude Beige, 0.35 Ounces is one of the best.
It contains active minerals that improve your skin as well as absorb oils on your skin.
It has been tested and found to contain no harmful compounds that may harm you. It guarantees a cool matte finish every time you use it.
Try it today for a cool and glowing look.