When it comes to finding the perfect foundation formula, you can either go all cream or all powder. It makes sense if you think about it: creams blend better with creams while powders blend better with powders.
What if you want the best of both worlds? What if you want a foundation that glides on smoothly like a cream, and then morphs into a powder? That’s where cream to powder foundations come into play.
How can you tell which one is right for your unique skin type, problems, and age? Don’t worry – we’ve got your back! Ahead, you can find all the information you need to buy the best cream to powder foundation.
Switching to Cream to Powder Foundations
Before you hurry and purchase the first cream to powder foundation that seems right for your needs, here are the things you need to keep in mind.
- Know Your Skin Type. Cream to powder foundation works great for slightly oily or slightly dry skin. Its creamy texture hydrates the skin and prevents it from drying while the powder formulation absorbs excess sebum.
If you don’t want a dewy finish or a perfect matte look, then cream to powder foundation is the right pick for you. Keep in mind that if you have oily skin, the cream aspect tends to exaggerate the shine, so the powder won’t be able to absorb the excess oil.
- The Type of Coverage You’re Looking For. Due to its creamy texture, this type of foundation is easy to apply. In other words, it will glide on your skin smoothly and not smudge like liquid foundations, providing excellent coverage. However, cream to powder foundation tends to look heavier than other formulas. So, if you’re going for a natural look, then it’s best to opt for a liquid foundation.
Top 10 Cream to Powder Foundations Comparison Chart
How to Find the Perfect Cream to Powder Foundation
Searching for a decent cream to powder foundation to suit your skin type, color, and needs can seem like a daunting quest. Pay attention to the tips below to find the perfect product.
- Ease of Application. Liquid foundations can leave strikes or spots if you don’t have the time and patience to apply them carefully. Cream to powder foundations, on the other hand, require only a small applicator and offers a perfect cover up in minutes. You can even do touch ups throughout the day in just a matter of seconds.
- Don’t Let the Price Influence You. The brand name and popularity of a product isn’t always a guarantee that it will work for your particular skin problems and needs. Before you reach for the priciest cream to powder foundation, make sure they are the best fit for you. Pay attention to the level of coverage they offer and ensure they minimize your problems, not enhance them.
- Pay Attention to the Ingredients. If you have sensitive skin, dry skin, or oily skin, look for products that contain Aloe Vera, antioxidants or vitamins to prevent future skin problems.
- Make Sure It Comes with an Applicator. Cream to powder foundations usually come in the form of a pressed powder. That means that they’re compact and easy to carry around even in a small clutch. Look for products that come with a small applicator so that you won’t spread any pathogens when using your fingers. A mirror is a plus as well.
- Buy the Right Shade. Keep in mind that if it’s summer, your tanned skin will require a darker tone, but during the winter you may need to buy a lighter color. Always test the shades before purchasing.
Top 3 Best Cream to Powder Foundation Reviews
Mehron Celebre Pro-HD is the overall highest rated cream to powder foundation by both beauty gurus and regular consumers. This smooth and innovative product can provide as much coverage as you need without building up and looking cakey. Not to mention, it’s oil free, so your skin will have a matte finish throughout the entire day.
Created to suit the needs of all skin types, Mehron Celebre Pro-HD will make your dry and lifeless skin look lively. On the other hand, if you have oily skin, its formulation will absorb excess oil and ensure a non-greasy texture. The result is a flawless look in a single application.
One of the things that make Mehron Celebre Pro-HD such a great product that, in addition to excellent coverage, its Aloe Vera, pomegranate, and vitamin E rich formula protects and hydrates the skin.
There are 20 shades available, so regardless of your skin tone, you’ll have no problem finding the exact color for you.
All in all, Mehron Celebre Pro-HD is the best cream to powder foundation for every skin type.
The True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup accomplished something that few foundations can to give you: flawless natural coverage that feels weightless. By mixing the versatility of a cream foundation with the matte finish of powder products, this foundation will cover your skin’s imperfections without caking.
With an innovative formula that contains no oils, no heavy texture or pore-clogging fillers, you’ll get a perfect finish that is so light that you’ll forget you’re wearing foundation.
Affordable, soft, and smooth, L’Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Compact Makeup is an excellent product that you’ll love using time and time again.
How about a foundation that is easy to apply, provides great coverage, and makes your skin look flawless? That is exactly what Milani Smooth Finish Cream to Powder Makeup can offer. It glides on the skin with ease and offers full coverage without caking.
Not only that it blends perfectly to ensure a natural matte finish, but due to its oil-free formula, your skin won’t get greasy or dry.
Another great thing about Milani Smooth Finish Cream to Powder Makeup is that it comes with a mirror and sponge applicator. So, either you’re in the car, or at the office, you can check and adjust your look in no time.
Long-lasting, versatile, and with excellent coverage, this is one of the best cream to powder foundations you can find.